I'm making the best effort I can to not give in to the germaphobia, but it's becoming increasingly difficult. It seems like everyone I know has got (or has had) the flu. The latest victim is our sweet neighbor, 5 year old Sophie, who was sent home from school on Friday with a 104 temp.
Harper had to be woken up this morning (not incredibly unusual on a Sunday, but not the norm, either) and then was lethargic and just not herself until about lunchtime today. Then totally turned the corner and was right as rain for the rest of the day. But this morning's performance was enough to have me saying prayers against worry all morning.
We did get our flu shots. And our children are blessedly healthy. And if we get the flu, we will all survive. Heavens above, we survived head lice, surely we can beat a little bout of the flu.
But I really don't want to.
Now go wash your hands. And in the name of all that is holy, please go get a flu shot if you haven't already.
No comments:
Post a Comment