Sunday, January 20, 2013

Everybody should be so lucky

Last night I had the great pleasure of spending the evening with my work family.  Jess has been trying to plan an activity for us each month to get everybody out of the house. Last night was a cooking class with Holly.  One of the ladies on our team was a personal chef in her former life.  We reap the benefits of this every time there is an event for our team.  That girl can whip up some incredibly yummy things!  So instead of paying a fortune for a cooking class, we just went to Holly's house for an evening of learning (but mostly eating).
After we learned a few things and ate everything, we just ended up in a big circle laughing and sharing funny stories.  As we were dying laughing, it dawned on me that everyone should be so lucky.  The ladies that I work with are simply amazing. Funny, kind, generous, so incredibly smart it blows my mind. Such a nice feeling to have about your co-workers.  Let's face it, I spend more time with them than I do with my husband some weeks.  It's nice to know that just seeing each other at work isn't enough-we want to see each other outside of that as well.
I'm still not quite sure how I ended up on staff at North Point. That I get to be a small part of all that God is doing through our ministry is unbelievable to me.  That I love the team I work with like family is just the cherry on top.

No comments: