So here's something I bet you don't know about me. I am the undisputed (just ask Jruss) world champion of missing when I throw things in the wastebasket. And I'm not talking about from several feet away. I'm talking about while standing right next to it. And I'm not talking "throw" like "let me wad this up and shoot it and see if it makes it," I'm talking about "let me stand here with my hand one foot above the top of the trash can and let go." For every five times I throw something away, I have to bend down and pick it up three times. It's embarrassing.
What made me think of this was tonight's classic miss, but with a "couldn't have done this had I been trying" twist. The trash can in our bedroom is a basket weave deal with handles on the side. Tonight I was standing about three feet away and tossed one of those silica gel packets towards the trash can. (SIDE NOTE: it is ridiculous how many times they write on the packet that you are not to eat the contents. Have you ever opened one of those puppies up? It looks like no food substance I've ever seen. With the exception of tapioca. And if you know what that looks like, you know how to tell the difference between it and silica. I say we stop coddling the stupid.) BACK TO THE STORY: I really didn't think I would make it, but I was unpacking and figured I'd go back later and pick up that and all the other things I tossed in that general direction while unpacking. But, miraculously, the silica packet made it in to the trash can, only to land on a piece of trash already in the trash can and fall out through the handle hole. Really?
I can't catch a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment