Sunday, October 28, 2012

Running

Tonight I finished the third of my 5 minutes running/2 minutes walking four times training runs.  I started 3 weeks ago with 3 minutes of running/3 minutes of walking five times.  I'm running three days a week.  My race is two weeks from today.
Jury is still out on how I feel about running.  It's appealing because there's very little equipment required, it can be done almost anywhere, and you can get pretty good results with a short amount of time. It's not appealing because it's hard and I pretty much suck at it.
I love the way I feel, after.  I hate the way I feel, during. But I'm coming to realize that that's true of every form of exercise.  I hate it.  I would pretty much rather do almost anything than exercise, but I can't just let myself go.  I've actually tried.  To not care, to not exercise, eat crap, and gain weight without caring.  Can't do it. So I'm stuck gutting my way through some sort of exercise routine.
So here I am.  Hating it.  But doing it anyway.  Fake it til you make it, right?

No comments: