Monday, October 29, 2012

Here's what I did tonight

After working all day, I stopped and picked up the kids, ran in Publix to look for a pumpkin for Jruss to take to school in the morning to carve with Harper and buy pizza dough for dinner tomorrow night. Then I came home, changed my clothes, sorted mail, and opened my incentive gifts from 31 (I earned them from hitting sales goals the last two weeks!). Then I shredded cabbage for cole slaw to top the garlic shrimp tacos I made next. Then we ate dinner.  While I cleaned up the kitchen, Jason and the kids cleaned out the inside of the pumpkin and prepared two little gift bags so we could go "Boo" two neighbors. I outlined the design of the pumpkin using the little poker tool (technical term) and then we bundled up and ran around the neighborhood like bad thieves spreading a little Halloween cheer.
Then we came home and I started carving the pumpkin.  Took me a little over an hour.  It came out pretty well, I think:
Jason supervised bedtime while I carved. Then we cleaned up and I sat down to write this blog. Now I'm off to make lunches, go through backpacks and bag up snacks.
Then I can go to bed.
And I will start all over at 6:00 in the morning.
Remember when we didn't have kids and Jason and I used to sit on the couch and watch TV until it was time to go to bed?
Yeah, me neither.

No comments: