Another little quirky thing about me. Whenever we have a family holiday coming up, I try to find milk that expires on the special day. I know that's a little weird, but it always makes me happy to see that date on the milk because that means the big day is coming up. Our upcoming family holiday is Garrett's birthday on November 6. I remember being pregnant with him and finding the milk that expired on his due date (of November 1-it was a long five days). Today when I was at the grocery store, I peered all through the milk case looking for November 6, but I am a few days too late-November 9 was as close as I could get. As I was doing this, I was reminded of that day almost exactly 8 years ago when I was lumbering through the grocery store and found that November 1 milk. Have to admit to get a little teary in the Kroger today remembering. So strange that I didn't know him yet. I can't even picture our family without him and 8 years ago, I didn't even know if he was a boy or a girl. I had no idea what was about to happen to me. So naive. So young. So untested. I simply cannot believe that my little fella is about to turn 8. I'm in complete denial. And I'm so glad to have had almost 8 years of loving on that little guy. He has taught me so much about myself and brought such joy and light to my life.
Still wish I could have found November 6 milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment