Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday night

So, it's Thursday night.  Totally forgot to post yesterday. Got busy prepping for the cleaners to come and Jruss and I had to discuss our Thrive homework.  My mom always comes up with cutesy names for the stuff we have at church.  Small group became tiny group and then later got shortened to just "the tiny."  Her name for Thrive is "Thrush."  Hilarious.
Tonight I had my second "Celebrate & Connect" meeting with 31, so I had to miss "Thrush."  Jason went though.  I got home a little early and walked our sitter home (she lives at the top of our street).  Of course we stood in her driveway chatting a bit and then her mom came home, so I chatted a little longer.  Guess who wasn't asleep at home?  Guess who came running down the driveway in tears when I finally walked back home?  My little G. Oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever felt so bad.  He was totally panicked-his little heart was just racing.
When I got home and all was quiet I assumed he was asleep.  And of course he has no idea that I walk Megan home each week, because he's usually asleep by that time.
Felt so bad. But we recovered. And we talked about what he should have done and how he should have handled it. And now he's sleeping peacefully (I hope.)
Just got another nomination for Mother of the Year!

No comments: