According to Jason and Garrett, I was on the war path this morning. Everything started out just fine, but when I came downstairs only to encounter a huge mess, I just lost it. I had the downstairs pretty much picked up before I went to bed last night and my kids had managed to undo all my work in a little over an hour.
I hollered and slammed things around a bit, until I just went down to the basement and cooled off a minute. Even as I was doing all this, I knew I was blowing things out of proportion, but I couldn't help myself.
Haven't been that mad in a LONG time. I think I'm getting tired of being the only person who seems to care what our house looks like. And it's wearing on me. I love our home and I want it to stay picked up most of the time. I'm not looking to live in a show home, but come on. Pick up after yourself. If you touch it, put it away when you're done. I would like to be able to walk in a straight line without encountering trash, Legos, and Barbie clothes. Is that too much to ask?
It may not have been the best way to start our day, but it sure worked. Jason was on the kids all day about picking up and Garrett and Harper obeyed the first time almost all day.
Perhaps I should try governing by fear. Fear of the war path.
Hmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment