Monday, September 24, 2012

That's my girl

Story from the car yesterday:

Me driving, Garrett and Harper in the backseat.  I heard, but did not see all this.

G: "Harper, what do you like?"
H: "Green blanket."
G: "Who do you love?"
H: (no hesitation) "Daddy."
G: "Yes, but who do you love love?"
H: (hesitation) "My friends?"
A significant pause that I can only assume meant a look from him to her
H: (confidently) "My bubby."
G: "That's my girl."

As if that wasn't cute enough, last night when we were going to bed, Garrett was reading to Harper and I.  I was laying at the bottom of Garrett's bed, but Harper was sitting up right next to him so she could see the pictures.  Without missing a word, Garrett grabbed her arm and pulled her close so she could lay her head on his shoulder and he rubbed her arm and laid his head on her head.  This lasted all of 25 seconds, but it was such a sweet moment.

It is indescribably sweet to witness my children loving each other. I'm so happy with where their relationship is.

My babies.

No comments: