I have had some moments recently where I am just dumbfounded by the amazingness of the world we live in today. Technology-wise that is. I shall now list some examples of what I mean, in no particular order:
1. Jason and I are currently laying on our bed watching the UGA game on my laptop while I type this blog entry on my iPhone. The game is being broadcast on a channel we don't get. Not so long ago that would mean listening to it on the radio or seeing score updates while watching another game.
2. Our county library has an e-library. I can pick books online and "check them out" and then the next time I turn on my Kindle, it downloads. Amazes me every time.
3. I can record a TV show on our DVR from an app on my phone. We have been barreling down the highway and I have recorded a show. Love that.
4. We have Skyped with our friends who are missionaries in Germany. For free. They live on the other side of the world and we saw their faces and their living room-all from the comfort of our living room. It was so cool.
5. I just deposited two checks from my last 31 party from our couch. Using the bank's app, I snapped a picture of the checks and they got deposited. Got an email yesterday that they posted. How cool is that?
Somewhat silly I know, but I am from the generation that has straddled this technology boom, so I am easily impressed. We didn't get a microwave until I was 8 or 9 and I didn't have an email address until college.
Anything like this that just knocks your socks off?
No comments:
Post a Comment