Thursday, September 13, 2012

ILMH

Tonight we had our first Thrive meeting.  This is a 12 week Bible study that focuses on marriage.  We are apprenticing to be leaders in this ministry.  It was a very interesting experience.  We have been in a married small group just about our entire marriage, but this was quite different.  Everyone signs up knowing that this is an intensive marriage study.  So as you can imagine, there are some people (not everyone) who are there with more baggage than your average traveler.
Of course, this is the first week and we didn't really share our stories, just a few personal details-length of marriage, kids, etc.  But it was amazing how revealing just that information was.
I am not a perfect wife.  Not by any standard.  I am not married to a perfect husband.  Not by a long shot.  But he's my husband and I'm his wife.  He is the man for me.  And somehow, I am the woman for him.  Just this morning, I was focusing on something that Jruss does that annoys me.  I was feeling sorry for myself that I have to put up with it (I can assure you this issue is NOT earth-shattering).  But tonight, after getting a very brief glimpse into some other marriages, I'm good.  I'll take my guy and our imperfect, bumbling little life every day and twice on Sundays.  Our life, however vanilla it may appear on the outside (and really on the inside too-I'm not really posing on here), is our life.  And I am happy to be doing this life with Jason Corry Russell.  God's perfect mate for me.
I love my husband.

No comments: