Saturday, September 29, 2012

Really close

I don't own expensive handbags.  Some people are all about the latest and most fashionable $200 purse.  Not me.  I'm happy with an $18 Target find.  I have wandered around the Coach outlet more than once wondering what in the world all the fuss was about.  They were nice, but not $200 nice.  I didn't get it.
Until yesterday.  My mom and I were shopping at the mall and I wanted to go wander around the purse department in VonMaur for kicks.  And I saw this purse:
MICHAEL Michael Kors MICHAEL Michael Kors  Jet Set Python Tote
Really caught my eye.  Two handles (a must), not too deep, wide opening, stands on it's own, cool, shiny animal print, can be zipped up, no big interior divider.  My purse needs are specific and this one met all of them.  Tried it on.  Looked in the mirror. Walked around quite a bit with it on my shoulder-it didn't fall off. Really liked it.  But it's $228. It was lovely, but not lovely enough to get over the price tag.
Until we went to Dillards and I saw this:




MICHAEL Michael Kors MICHAEL Michael Kors  Jet Set Zip Python-Embossed Tote
Same bag.  But PURPLE!!! Oh my gosh.  I love this bag. I think I get the whole purse thing now. I came so close, so shockingly close, to coming home with this purse. 
I came home without the purse (I bought a boatload of clothes instead).  But I still want the purse.
I think I know what I'm saving my 31 money for now!  Ironic, I know.  And, as an aside, 31 does sell some lovely handbags, but they do not meet my very specific purse requirements.

No comments: