Just posted our schedule for the week on my board in the kitchen. I'm tired already. This is going to be one of those weeks where I pretty much just hold my breath, close my eyes, and pray we'll all be intact on Saturday (which is blessedly CLEAR this week).
I try really hard to make weeks like this the exception, rather than the norm, but as the kids get older, this is becoming harder and harder. A huge part of this is that Jason and I have so much more "free" time because our kids aren't as needy. We can pursue interests all our own now (31 for me and for Jruss right now it's softball). But we just have to make sure our free time can be covered by the other one, because as much as our kids would LOVE it, we cannot leave them home by themselves just yet! :)
It's weeks like this that make me long for life in our made-up, totally not creepy, compound. Sometimes just having one more set of hands (especially a set that can drive!), would make things so much easier. It's weeks like this where I wish we lived just a little closer to grandma.
Oh and did I mention we have to drop the Honda off at the shop in the morning? Yeah, barely started this morning after church. I've been noticing something off when I started her up lately and it is markedly worse today. I'm sure that'll be cheap.
But even though I'm tired just looking at my board and even though it's a little tough to feel romantic after having a logistics meeting with your husband, I'm so grateful for this life I lead. And despite the busyness of our days, I am "quiet in my heart" (great phrase from the Jesus Storybook Bible we read tonight at Bible time). More and more every day, I feel as though I've finally arrived at that magical destination: contentment.
Thank you Lord for all the blessings you have given me. Thank you for the time, money, and opportunity to pursue these great things that fill our time this week. Order our steps as we start this week, Lord and help me pay attention to your nudges that will tell me if I need to change our plans. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment