Garrett went to his first game in the Fall of 2007, right before he turned 3. Harper was still pretty new and I didn't want to try and go to a game, so Jason took Garrett instead. They had a great time. Jason said it was so neat to look down and see little bitty Garrett cheering as the Dawgs took the field. A proud Dad moment for sure.
Harper went to her first game on Garrett's birthday in 2010. UGA was cooperative enough to field a game on Garrett's actual day, so that was an easy 6th birthday party. It was quite cold that day, but nice and sunny, so we had a great time. This was actually my first game with my kids. It was so special to share the place where Jason and I met, fell in love, and have so many special memories of with our children. We thought we'd be lucky to make it to halftime without a meltdown (it's a LOT of walking), but we actually had to make the kids leave during the fourth quarter. I know they would have stayed the whole game had we not had something to go to later that night.
The first of many Saturdays in Athens, I hope.


No comments:
Post a Comment