Sunday, August 12, 2012

A week of firsts

In uploading the first day of school pics, I was just scrolling through all our pictures (and there are a LOT-still working on organizing them) and it gave me an idea.  This week, each of my blog posts will feature a "first" picture for each of the kids.
So to start us off...

First haircuts!
 Garrett needed his first haircut at about 6 months because not all of the hair he was born with at birth fell out.  But some of it did, so he was left with this funky hybrid of long and short pieces.  I took him to my hairdresser Andrea and he really enjoyed chewing in the cape and then a clip.  He was teething.
 All neatened up! And chewing on that clip to save his life!
 In true second kid fashion, Harper's "haircut" came because of her big brother.  She was chilling in her car seat finishing up a bottle she had started while we were on the road.  We pulled into the garage and she wasn't quite done so I decided to let her finish while I unloaded the car.  Garrett was unbuckled and playing in the back seat.  I come out to get her and see this.  Car perched on the side of her head like an avant garde hair bow!
The aftermath.  And what makes it count as the first "haircut."  More like "hair pull."

No comments: