We have entered a new phase of life for sure. I was waiting to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, but it's been almost a month now. Here are a couple things that demonstrate this new place:
1. Two days last week while we were at the lake, the kids slept later than us. One day it was until 9:30. 9:30, as in the morning. They had gone to sleep really late the night before, but still. That didn't used to matter.
2. Garrett got out the vacuum and vacuumed the entire upstairs (when he'd only been asked to do one room) without any help from me.
3. Harper packed her lunch by herself. I had made the sandwich, but she did everything else.
4. Stopping to run an errand after work is no longer akin to driving a fork in my eye. It can even be pleasant.
5. We can eat at restaurants with waiters again. Nothing real fancy, of course, but Chili's is entirely possible.
6. I dropped Harper off at the Dojo for her first day of karate camp today. With Garrett. Because she's five. No more Weekday. Still can't believe it.
I feel like we're living on the dark side of the moon. I totally believe there is another side of the moon that exists that we just can't see. That's how I felt about this phase of parenting. I believed that it existed, but I couldn't see it. And now we're here.
Wild.
No comments:
Post a Comment