So I have self-diagnosed myself with a thing. I'm pretty sure it's not a real thing, but it's not normal, I know that for sure. I cannot hold on to something without gripping it like it's a lifeline. I don't start out that way, but the longer I hold on to something, the tighter I grip it. I noticed it yesterday while I was pressure washing the driveway*. It started out fine, but about five minutes in, I realized I was gripping the handle of that thing like a drowning woman holds on to a life preserver. My hand was killing me!
But it's not just pressure washers. I also find myself griping wadded up paper towels, the steering wheel of the car, video game controllers, my phone...pretty much anything I hold on to for more than a few minutes.
Weird, right? Anyone else do this? Is there a treatment?
*This is a project we have on the list. We are finding a balance between work and play while the kids are gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment