Today we had an awesome treat at our Resources Team meeting. Todd Fields came and sang 2 songs that will be featured on our upcoming live album (being recorded on May 3).
One of the lines from one of the songs goes something like this:
"The author of the universe knows your name."
Just sit for a second and think about that. The being that created everything-birds, sunsets, the beach, chocolate, sex, babies, redwoods, waterfalls-knows your name.
It reminded me of a blog post I wrote a little over a year ago about a movie called "The Answer Man." You can read the whole entry here. But what I was reminded about today upon hearing that song lyric was the line from the movie, "Elizabeth (the main character), you are His muse."
The author of the universe, who knows my name, created it for me. I remember how I felt when I found that little girl-sized scarf for Harper for Easter. I knew she was going to love it and I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she saw it. That's how my Heavenly Father feels about me. He allows things in His creation that He knows will bring a smile to my face. I love it when the sunlight beams through the clouds and makes "heaven beams." I love the special blue color of the sky in the fall. I love hammocks and shade trees. All made for me by a loving God who can't wait to see the look on my face when I see it.
I struggle with feeling insignificant. Sometimes that it a good thing-I am insignificant-I should be less so He can be made more. But sometimes, it's nice to be reminded that I am not insignificant to my Creator, the author of the universe. He knows my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment