I like to joke that because we live in Forsyth County, we live in the country. We really don't AT ALL (there's a Super Target less than a mile away for goodness sake!). But you do have to pass horses on the way to my house, so I say we live in the country. Especially compared to where we lived in Roswell.
I really like living a little closer to the country than the city and I am still so thankful for our home and our neighborhood. It is just exactly what we need and where I want to raise my family.
We did have two incidents happen this week that reminded us that we do live a little in the country at least. Sunday late afternoon our neighbor across the street came over and asked me what I knew about rabbits. Their dog had dragged a baby bunny out of the bushes in their backyard. He was wondering how to return it to the nest without the mother abandoning it. Of course, he ended up googling how to do it, but still we had an animal situation.
Then tonight at small group, we got a phone call from this same neighbor. Her son had a tick on his head and (of course) her husband is out of town tonight. So Jason had to play white knight and go over there and remove a tick a few minutes ago.
I guess this really just proves that our neighbors live in the country! But I love living here where neighbors call each other for help.
No comments:
Post a Comment