Tonight I made what we refer to in our house as "Cara's Chicken" for dinner. My friend, Cara Shroyer, made us this chicken years ago and it has become my favorite marinade. It's Italian dressing, Dale's, and Ranch dressing. Marinate and grill. Super yummy.
But here's the best part. BOTH my kids ate ALL their chicken and ALL their green beans.
Pause to let that sink in.
Now don't think that we are talking about the two of them eating normal portions for children their age (or even toddlers, really). But, they ATE. What I cooked. Without complaining. Harper even thanked me for dinner.
Man, that was amazing. I needed that. I was just telling my friend, Jess, the other day that I was really close to just giving up cooking altogether. It seems so fruitless to spend all this time and money planning, shopping for, and preparing meals that my family doesn't like. And that dinner time is a struggle, or at least an extremely unpleasant 10-20 minutes of our day.
Not getting too excited. But it sure made for a welcome change of pace.
1 comment:
Green beans?! No gagging? And no running to the toilet to spit them out? Not even from Jruss???? ;)
Post a Comment