Yesterday was my 35th birthday. It started out as a pretty laid back, cloudy Friday. We had made plans to go out to dinner, but really had no other birthday plans. A phone call at about 11:30 changed all that! I got a call from my friend, Christina Davis. She was in the Des Moines airport (they live in Iowa) and was going to miss their connection to Norfolk (that's where their family lives) in Atlanta and was wondering if we could put them up for the night! I was so excited! I visited them in November to meet their little girl, Tristyn, and I decided then it could not be two years between visits again. We had even chatted about the possibility of seeing them sometime this summer.
Needless to say, I was thrilled! Obviously, it was not the Friday night they had planned, but it all worked out for the best. The kids and I drove down to the airport to get them and then we went to Jim 'n Nick's for a BBQ birthday dinner and Yogli-Mogli for dessert. Then we stayed up doing what we do best...talking until midnight. Had a laid back morning, quick Michael's run with Christina for a project she was working on for her grandfather's 90th birthday (the reason they were traveling home to Norfolk for the weekend), and then I dropped them back off at the airport. It was a very quick visit, but I couldn't have asked for a better birthday surprise! There's nothing like old friends who you can just pick right back up with.
Sadly, I did not get one photo as proof of their visit-too busy catching up and running after their toddler (man I'd forgotten how vigilant you have to be with that age!).
The only thing that remains as proof that they came to stay for the night is a little green airplane given to Tristyn by Delta that Harper was so distraught got left behind. I was glad it was forgotten. I love that saying that if guests leave something behind it means they want to come back. Come back Davises!! We will always have a place for wayward, stranded travelers!
No comments:
Post a Comment