Tuesday, April 9, 2013

And Jill came tumbling after...

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  Jason and I went out on a quick date and I walked the babysitter home and ended up talking to her at the end of her driveway for TWO hours!  She's a senior in high school, about to graduate, and my heart is aching we won't have our Megan too much longer. So no post last night.

So the big deal with the sand dunes is running/jumping down them.  So much fun to watch the little kids barreling down the side of the dunes. I got all set up to take some pictures of the first big run down a BIG dune.  The kids had done a few of the smaller dunes, but this was a big one.  I'll let the pictures tell the story.

So exciting! The top of the hill!
This is awesome!! *Note Jason's "vacation beard"

The boys are a wee bit faster. From the guy at the bottom of the hill can you get a sense of how massive these things are?

There's our girl-butt crack and all.

Face plant

Dad to the rescue.


Eh, she's alright.  Let's go again.

Note the spitting out of sand happening in the background.
When she got up with a face full of sand, Ian said she said "That was not what I was expecting."

Running down sand dunes was over for our girl at that point.  Ice cream after seemed to take away some of the sting.

No comments: