In my never-ending struggle over food with my children, I realized a couple things about myself. One of them was that I "assumed" I didn't like certain foods that I had never tried or tried only once as a child. In the spirit of modeling proper behavior to my children about trying new things, I've tried some things lately that have me wishing I had tried them many moons ago.
At the top of this list is sushi. I LOVE sushi. About two years ago, we went on vacation with Jason's family and my brother and sister in law (who is half Japanese) took us to an authentic (like menu was not in English-authentic) Japanese restaurant. We were committed to trying everything they thought we would like. They ordered some sushi and I was very apprehensive. But it was amazing! I am constantly striving to create the perfect bite when I eat-the perfect mingling of flavors. Sushi is that perfect bite. We went to dinner Sunday night and ordered some sushi. And it was delicious. Every time I eat sushi, I find myself mourning all the wasted years I thought I didn't like it.
Samoas. Yep, the Girl Scout cookies. Thought I didn't like them because of the coconut. I was wrong. They are awesome. Not thin mint awesome, but awesome nonetheless. Kind of wish I didn't know this.
Indian food. Always scared me. But went to an Indian restaurant with someone who knew what they were doing and it was unbelievable. Of course, I have no idea what I was eating (or rather, what it was called), so would have to take Leslie back with me to recreate the experience.
Now I'm hungry. Hmmm...sushi...
No comments:
Post a Comment