Monday, January 7, 2013

Photo book

One of the things I've wanted to do for years (at least 3) is a photo book of highlights from the past year in our family.  Once upon a time, I was a scrapbooker.  You should see Garrett's baby book. It's a thing of beauty. But then the world went digital.  And I had two littles and no free time.
I'm beginning to see a trend in that I'm finally getting to things I've wanted to for a while. Ah, I love this new season of life for our family.
Determined to make it happen, I began uploading pictures last Thursday night.  Honestly, the project started because I am full up of watching football, so decided I was going to watch something on our little TV in the computer room.  And since I was there, it only made sense to start.
Well, Shutterfly is running a special on their photo books, so I can do this for a really good price. The catch is that the special ends Wednesday. So I've got a deadline. One small problem.  Have I mentioned that I'm a perfectionist? This project is a lesson in letting it go. I could spend months doing this, but I have just two more nights to get it done.  I'm on September, so I think I can make it happen.
My mantra: it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to get printed.
Such a growth experience.  But I'm having so much fun doing it.  We had a great year in the Russell house and it's fun to remember the highlights.

No comments: