Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3

Today's activity was "Go to Yogli Mogli" after dinner.  I know it's not very Christmas-y, but my children absolutely LOVE Yogli-Mogli.  Plus I needed something quick we could do on a weeknight.  They were thrilled!

But here's a quick explanation of how the day's activity is revealed.  My mom lovingly hand-sewed this advent calendar about 3 years ago:
You'll notice each day is a little pocket.  So I cut up pieces of paper into squares about that size and wrote the activity on that piece of paper.  I put it in the pocket the night before because my children can't stand suspense and wouldn't be able to resist peeking. So they'll wake up to this tomorrow:
You get a sneak peek.  Tomorrow's activity is a real barn burner: we get to sign our Christmas cards!  It'll be interesting to see how this goes over.  This is the first time they'll be involved in the card, other than the picture.  I'm hoping the Yogli-Mogli good will will bleed over.

So, if you're the lucky recipient of the Russell family Christmas card 2012, you'll know the signature on it was done on Day 4.  Or, if yours doesn't have a signature, you'll know Day 4 didn't go so well! :)



No comments: