Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 13

So yesterday's activity was NOT a keeper.  For me, at least.  I think the kids had a good time, but it was a little too much for me to take.
We wrapped presents last night.  This year the kids picked out presents for the grandparents themselves, so I thought it would be good for them to wrap them.  Sounds good in theory, right?
For this slightly anal mama, it was not my finest moment.
I don't know if you've ever met my daughter, but disaster follows in her wake.  Add a little tape, scissors, and wrapping paper to that mix and mama needs a drink.
Garrett did great-he's going to be my wrapping apprentice for sure.  But next year, we'll do this activity when Harper is otherwise engaged.  I thought I did really well holding it all together while I was dying inside watching my perfectly organized wrapping station go to hell in a handbasket.
Making memories, though, right?  Maybe they won't remember the moment where I called a halt to the festivities and sent them upstairs to get ready for bed because I just couldn't take it anymore. I didn't yell.  We just stopped.  Abruptly.
Remember this moment, 2013 Christmas planning Allison. Remember this moment.

No comments: