Monday, December 17, 2012

Catch up

It's been a busy weekend!  Jason was supposed to do a guest post for me on Saturday, but said he "couldn't watch a movie and type at the same time." Men!  So here's the update:

Day 14
We continued our holiday tradition of riding around to look at Christmas lights with the Hylands. Chick Fil-A dinner first, then a quick Starbucks run for the grownups and then it was off to one of the best neighborhoods around for lights.  We were in two vans-the guys had the four oldest kids and Les and I had the twins in the other.  Such a good time!

Day 15
Total bust.  We were slated to have pictures with Santa in our neighborhood, but Santa got sick, so it had to be canceled. But I knew that on Friday, so I switched the activity to going to see "Rise of the Guardians."  We got to the theater 30 minutes before showtime and the only seats left were on the front row, so we opted to not go.  Much to the devastation of the kids.  Crying in the theater lobby.  That was awesome.  We ended up going to a nice dinner and then to see Christmas lights set to music at a local house-that was pretty cool.

Day 16
The Hansons are taking each of the kids on a "date" during this Christmas season.  Yesterday was Lexi's turn, so we watched Will and Abby.  As it was cooking baking day, it was easy to just incorporate them in to that activity.  I made sugar cookies and put them at the table with a cup of frosting and some sprinkles and let them go to town.  Too cute.  I took a picture I'll post later.

No comments: