As today is her birthday, it is only fitting that the thing I am grateful for today is my best friend, Candy.
We met at orientation for UGA. For those of you counting, that means that we have now known each other for 18 years. Within 20 minutes of meeting, I knew this girl was my best friend and since band camp (insert joke here) our freshman year, we have never lived more than 8 miles apart.
I am well aware that not everyone gets a friend like this. In every way but blood, she is my sister. It wasn't until this year that my kids figured out that she and I weren't really related since they call her "Aunt Candy." To have someone like Candy in my corner makes me one of the luckiest people on this earth. She is thoughtful, organized, funny, smart, kind, and just all around amazing. She has 3 kids, works full time, and still has most of her marbles–unbelievable!
Last year, one of my friends, Kathy, lost her best friend, Katie, to cancer. It was brutal to sit on the sidelines of Katie's last days because it is all too easy to put myself in Kathy's shoes. I absolutely do not know how I could live my life without my Candy.
So, on this the day of Candy's birth, I am grateful beyond words that the Lord saw fit to intersect my path with hers.
I love you Candy. You are simply the best friend a girl could ever have. That we get to raise our daughters together is just icing on the cake! Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out. I appreciate how you left all the bad stuff out of the post. :) You're okay, too. And now we enter the part of our lives where we've known each other longer than we haven't.
Post a Comment