Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's a miracle

I've been waiting to announce this publicly, but it's been over a week and I decided it was time.
Thanks to a suggestion from the awesome Sally, dinnertime peace has been restored to the Russell house.
Instead of approaching the dinnertime issues as food issues, she suggested I approach it as a behavior issue.  I needed to set expectations for their behavior, not focus so much on the food. So, a week ago Sunday, I did just that. I sat both of them down and told them how dinnertime was going to go and how it wasn't going to go.
It's been awesome. No gagging, no bargaining, no complaining.  Lots of trying new foods.  A few being sent away from the tables. But mostly just eating and talking.
Ahh...heaven.

Thank you Sally.  Almost 8 years later, I am still so unbelievably grateful we are on this journey together.

No comments: