It makes me laugh when I think about how I used to be vehement that we wouldn't live in Cumming. A great deal of this was because Jason worked downtown and I couldn't imagine adding even more time to his commute. But when he changed jobs to one that was located in Alpharetta, Forsyth County beckoned. Cheaper taxes, great schools, newer homes.
We just celebrated our fourth year in this house. And I am more and more thankful each passing year that we were able to move up here and into our neighborhood. Life is so good up here in South Forsyth.
Today was Open House at the kids' school. It's such a great school. The staff creates such a welcoming environment. Everyone is so helpful. Without sounding too New Age-y, there is just such a nice vibe in the building. Bright, cheery classrooms, clean hallways, smiling staff...it just doesn't get much better.
But after Open House, we stumbled upon another reason I love our city. In the parking lot of the Super Target the Sheriff's Department had set up all their Special Operations vehicles for kids to climb on and go through. There was a motorcycle, a boat, the SWAT truck, the Crisis Negotiation truck, a horse, and a plain old police car. It was so nice. And I've got to think the Sheriff's department likes spending time with some of the more law abiding citizens of our county. :)
Such a fun way to spend a summer evening.
Life is good up here in the country.
No comments:
Post a Comment