This happened last week and as I relayed the story to my coworkers today, I realized that I should document it on here because it's just too funny.
First a little background:
The basic premise of the discipline system is based on a red, yellow, green approach. Everyone starts on green at the beginning of the day and if you are bad you move to yellow. If you persist in being bad, you move to red. In Harper's class, if you are red when it's time to go to recess, you get to do what's called the "Wisdom Walk." Basically, this means that you have to do loops around the playground thinking about what you did as opposed to getting to play.
It is also of note that Garrett and Harper share a small amount of playground time each day.
And now, the story:
Last Wednesday, when Garrett got off the bus (after Harper), he blew by me with this message, "I got on yellow today, but Harper was doing the Wisdom Walk at recess so that means she got on red." All of this was said in about 3 seconds as he walked past me. Hilarious, but cunning as well. I immediately turned to Harper to ask what happened, but stopped to remind Garrett that I had heard he was on yellow and would get to him later.
Want to guess what they were BOTH doing to land on yellow and red that day?
Talking. Of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment