Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I think I may have a problem

It didn't dawn on me until this morning that I didn't do my blog post yesterday!  Totally blanked on it last night.  And wait until you hear the reason...
Because I was fooling with my thirty-one stuff!  I was getting rid of all my Summer catalogs, browsing the Fall catalog (for the 4th time), browsing business supplies, writing emails to my September hosts (I have 2 parties already on the calendar, and maybe one more!), and just in general fooling around with 31. Totally got lost in that world, mulling over ideas, planning my goals for the Fall, dreaming.
So much fun.  But I think I may have a problem.  That's two nights in a row that I obsessed over 31.

I do have a question, though.  For Candy and Susan, my two faithful readers. (Hello ladies!)

I need to figure out what I want to use my 31 money for.  Initially, I will just be paying myself back for money I spent to get everything rolling, but because I had a great July and am looking forward to a great September, I think I will break even pretty soon.  After that, I want to have a goal-like I'm saving to pay off our furnace, or for our vacation next year. I don't want it to be too huge because I'm not rolling in the 31 dough over here, but I don't want it to be too small either.  And I don't want this money to just get absorbed into the machine that is our monthly budget.  This is fun, unexpected money and I want to keep it that way.  I also want to be able to point to something and say "31 paid for that." Maybe Garrett's braces? A down payment for a new car for Jruss?

Any ideas?

3 comments:

Alyson and Ian said...

Hello?! I believe I post far more comments than Susan Russell does!!! :)
I think it would be neat to say that 31 pays for your family's summer vacation each year! Then y'all could look back and see if 31 was rocking it based on whether y'all vacation at the lake or at Disney! haha!

Allison said...

Yes, but she is technologically challenged. And my mother-in-law. Plus I figured you'd be way too busy packing and looking on Pinterest for all the fabulous new things you'll do in your new house to read my blog! :)
Thank you for your input!

Candy said...

Dude, finish your basement! Or, save up for a birthday present for your best friend. Or, our trip to Italy. Or, a birthday present for your best friend.