I found out the kids' teachers for this school year! Harper will have Mrs. Norris, who was Garrett's teacher. And Garrett gets Mrs. Kelly, one of the new second grade teachers (2 teachers retired last year). I am so excited for Harper. It was such a relief to hear Mrs Norris' voice on the phone yesterday to tell me she was going to be Harper's teacher. I'm a little bummed for Gman because neither Ty nor Liam (his two best buds) are in his class. Tonight, he told me that maybe Jensen will have Mrs. Kelly- "right now that's my only hope" (his words). I really have no concerns about him having a new teacher-they usually bring so much enthusiasm, and my little guy is so good at school, so that's not an issue. Just wanted him to have a friend.
It's so strange to me that these names will forever be in the minds of my kids as their teachers. Don't you remember yours? My second grade teacher was Mrs. Plummer. Garrett's will be Mrs. Kelly.
I love it. I love this new phase of parenting. But how on Earth is Garrett about to start SECOND grade?!?!
I am the mom of school-aged kids. Has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment