Tuesday, July 24, 2012

That was fun

Tomorrow we will go to Augusta to grab our kiddos and spend a few days at my in-laws little trailer by the lake (aka a little slice of heaven in Augusta).  Thus will conclude the almost 4 weeks of kid-free time Jason and I have had since summer began.  It was glorious.  We have had a wonderful time.  We have accomplished a lot of projects around the house, eaten out a lot, watched a lot of bad movies on Netflix, watched almost two complete seasons of "Big Bang Theory," we've seen 4 movies in the theater and just plain ole rested. Again, glorious.
But I'm done. I'm ready to get my babies back.  I'm ready for my house to be a little louder and a little messier.  I'm ready to go check on sleeping babies before I go to sleep. I'm ready for my little chatterboxes in the backseat when I'm driving.
I still maintain that I love my kids more when I'm given an opportunity to miss them.  This summer just proved that in spades.
So that was fun.  I am so grateful for this break from parenting.  But I'm done.
I want my life back.

No comments: