So I know I've teased you with talk of our recent renovation of our bedroom and I still have no pictures to show you. I am remembering why we suck at home projects. I am curious as to whether or not this happens to other people. It seems simple enough. Paint our room. Hang up the curtains I bought a year ago. That'll take a weekend, right?
Wrong.
Room is painted and curtains are hung up, but now all the stuff I cleared off the dresser and the chest seems too cluttery and doesn't really fit anymore. With a week of having it gone, I find that I don't miss most of it. So now, I'm off to find new accessories. And I've decided this involves a shelf. A shelf that apparently doesn't exist. Can't find one I like that's the right size. So now an Ikea trip is planned for tomorrow before we go to the Coldplay concert.
Since I'm cleaning off the top of the dresser, I feel this needs to lead into a cleaning out of the middle drawer of the dresser. It's "that" drawer for me. I have no idea what's really in there. Because it contains a lot of "overflow" jewelry that doesn't fit into my jewelry box, I know this will lead into a clean out of the jewelry box.
Today I ended up cleaning out the book shelf that's in our room. It was full of books that belonged downstairs or just needed to go away. That led me downstairs, so I ended up cleaning out those bookshelves, which leads me to my "baskets of doom." We have three baskets in our office, one contains books that need to be gone through and two that contain discs and miscellaneous office supplies that desperately needs to be gone through.
Seriously? Why can't I just paint a room and put everything back? Somehow painting a room has led to the necessity of cleaning out two baskets and a drawer I've been avoiding for years.
Does this happen to you? Or does this happen to me because of my perfectionist tendencies? I also have a special gift of making things way more complicated than they need to be-is that this?
Help me! I'm drowning in a sea of unfinished projects!!
No comments:
Post a Comment