I am totally having post-concert let down. Jason and I spent most of the morning rehashing last night and all of the trip to Valdosta (to pick up the kids) listening to Coldplay. I'm jealous of Charlotte because, as I type, they are being treated to the spectacle we enjoyed last night. I would have driven up there and shelled out whatever amount of money they charged to sit through the whole thing over again. I can't really give you any specifics about why I liked the concert because the whole thing was just amazing. You'll probably have to suffer through a couple more blog posts about it as I process. For now, let me start with how the evening started.
I totally recommend the Omni hotel. We valet parked for just a bit more than we would have paid at the Phillips garage and then walked from our room to the food court in the CNN center for a quick bite of dinner and then straight into Phillips, all without stepping a foot outside again. Then, to make a good thing better, the entrance we used to get in Phillips was right by the escalator we needed to take to get to our seats. When we got to our seats, I had another great moment as I realized the tickets on the lower level that I almost bought were indeed behind the stage, so the higher level, but center seats were a much better choice.
When we got there, the first opening act, Wolfgang was just starting. They were like a light version of Coldplay and pretty decent. It's always hard when the songs are unfamiliar, but it was enjoyable. You could tell they were so jazzed to be there, it was infectious. In between their performance and the second opening act, we actually ran into an old friend from college. She was one section over in the row in front of us. We figured this out through the magic of Facebook! What were the chances? That was so fun.
Way more fun than the second opening act, Robyn. She was this freaky, techno spectacle. Entirely forgettable. She was wearing a rather short red skirt with mint green shorts underneath (thank goodness!). And she had, and I'm not kidding here, a bowl cut with two longer pieces over her ears. It was very distracting. And not at all entertaining.
But, it was over in 45 minutes. 45 long minutes. And then it was time to watch the fascinating process of them readying the stage for Coldplay!
And that's where I'll leave you tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment