I'm gonna come clean here-I've got a lot going on this week, so my blog entries are going to be short and sweet.
Tonight's is really profound though (insert sarcasm here). I had a startling realization at work today. First a little history. I am one of the few of my generation who managed to escape high school without taking a typing class. When I switched high schools in my junior year, I was the victim of differing standards between school systems and didn't end up taking typing, even though I should have.
So I've always considered my typing form to be "advanced hunt and peck." And for years and years and years, that meant I had to watch my hands while I typed. Which made it really difficult to transcribe stuff (which my job requires on a fairly regular basis).
But today I was working on something and I was almost done and realized I had not been looking at my hands at all. I can look at something else (or even someone else) and type without looking.
I was so excited!
And that's my strange, but exciting (at least professionally) realization for this Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment