Monday, June 25, 2012

A sinus epiphany

*When we went to hang the curtain rods tonight, we discovered one of them did not include the necessary hardware, so the room is not quite ready yet.  Pictures tomorrow (hopefully).

In the meantime, allow me to share my small epiphany that I had at the dentist today (no cavities, by the way).  I've never been afraid of the dentist, but it's not my favorite thing.  But today, I realized while she was cleaning my teeth that the experience is not as claustrophobic for me as it used to be.  Wanna know why?  Because I can breathe through my nose now!  This is probably the fourth cleaning I've had since my sinus surgery.  It's been a little over two years and I still find myself AMAZED at how awesome it is to have two working nostrils. Seriously, I know most people don't have any concept of how big a deal this is because breathing through your nose is natural.  But it never was for me.  I can remember watching TV shows and movies where there would be a hostage with a gag over their mouths and think "well, that would kill me if someone did that to me, because I can't breathe through my nose."  It's so nice to know I could possibly survive a hostage situation now.
And a dental cleaning.

No comments: