Garrett made me an acrostic for Mother's Day. It goes a little something like this:
Makes things
Out standing (he added the space-apparently I am out standing somewhere)
Teirific (That's how Garrett spelled it.)
Heart love
Educated
Radical
Today was a wonderful day. I felt celebrated by my family and I got to relax quite a bit. Plus, I got to nap to the sound of the rain pitter pattering outside-one of my favorite things. I got quite a few extra hugs and Harper was super sweet. Garrett gave me a super power (the ability to walk on hot lava-aka our carpet). I got breakfast in bed, a homemade card, and two new charms for my Pandora bracelet.
But Mother's Day is always a little bittersweet for me. My heart, though quite full from the love my family gives me, is always a little heavy. I remember a time when Mother's Day was a knife through my heart. A reminder of what I longed to be, but was not. I know there are many women for whom today was not a celebration, but a painful reminder.
However, today I took a new approach. My heart was heavy and I prayed for those women. But I also celebrated the fact that God has redeemed my story. And I trust that He will redeem those women's as well.
Never once did I ever walk alone. Never once did you leave us on our own. You are faithful, God you are faithful.
He is faithful. And, according to my son, the child who made me a mother, I am not only educated, but radical. Oh, He is faithful!
No comments:
Post a Comment