- Cantaloupe, left in a storage container, but out on the table overnight, goes wrong. Really, really wrong. The kids polished off the cantaloupe at dinner last night and the container got left on the table by accident. Nasty. Clean that junk up right away.
- I bit the bullet and did the priceline name your own price deal for a hotel while Jruss and I are in FL to celebrate our anniversary. I'm really happy (so far) with what hotel we ended up with. It looks really nice and my mom said it was in a great location in Naples. So excited! And we saved like $60.
- I am ridiculously excited about going to the Coldplay concert in July. I bought tickets as a Christmas surprise for Jason, so I'm pretty sure July 2 is never going to actually get her. But I can't wait-it's been forever since I went to a concert.
- Harper's new thing is pickle sandwiches. Mustard, mayo, and dill relish. Her sandwich artist Daddy thinks this is a crime against food. But I can send it to her peanut free school, so I'm happy.
- It hailed on our new roof today. Not big hail and no damage, but still. It was funny, every time it used to hail, I was so excited thinking it was getting us closer to getting our roof paid for by insurance. And now that we have said roof, I mourn for it getting damaged. It's so pretty.
- I am having cup issues at home. I'm ready to be done with sippy cups, and for the most part, they are gone. Harper and Garrett both get uncovered cups when we're at dinner. But I still need coverage for when we're on the move. I can't figure out what the happy medium is. Should I just buy lids for our tervis tumblers? Do I just save kids cups from restaurants? But I'm ready for that part of my cabinet to be less plastic-y.
- My hydrangeas are blooming on the side of the house. So pretty. I need to tell you the story of my hydrangeas. Maybe tomorrow.
- This is my little guy's last week of 1st grade and Harper has her Pre-K graduation on Wednesday. Where has this year gone?
- Garrett and Harper have been a LOT more snippy with each other these last few weeks. It makes me nervous for this summer when they spend quite a bit more time in each other's company. I hope we are not entering a new phase. This sibling thing is so foreign to me and it hurts my feelings when they are ugly to each other. Hard for me to judge where the line is between normal and needs to be corrected.
- It's birthday week for me! Last week as a 35 year old. Next time this week I'll be on that downhill slide towards 40. Bring it!
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Stuff
Here are some random thoughts on a Sunday night:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What about nalgene bottles??
Post a Comment