Saturday, May 19, 2012

Oh, how He loves me

Last Monday, I put on an event at work to celebrate the local NBC launch of Andy Stanley's newly branded Your Move with Andy Stanley.  It was a big deal.  The launch, I mean.  Not my event, so much.  But it was important to me and to my boss.  We basically decided we were going to do this event and firmed up details about two weeks before, which is not a boatload of time to pull everything together.  So Monday comes and I wake up in the middle of the night remembering that I did not buy plastic tablecloths for the food tables. Knowing I won't have a ton of time to get everything set up, I text Suzy to see if she could run to Party City.  She can't.  So I figure I'll have to bust it to get the tables set up and then run to Party City (it's really close to church).  Not a huge deal, but not awesome either.
I was using supplies from our MarriedLife ministry to create the centerpieces I needed, so I had arranged to meet Brittany at their storage closet to get what I needed.  While she was helping me gather things, I asked her if they, "by chance," had any plastic tablecloths laying around.  I told her I would be happy to replenish her stack, but it would be nice not to have to go to Party City before the lunch.  She said she thought they might have one or two, so she started looking.  She found a black one right away, which was exactly what I needed.  I was crossing my fingers for one more.  And as she looked some more she told me she didn't have another black one and was disappointed for me. I asked what other color she had and she said it was like a dark turquoise. 
Now here's the cool part (because I know you were wondering why in the world I was giving you so much detail).  Do you want to know what color tablecloths I was going to get at Party City?  Yep.  You guessed it. Black and dark turquoise.  The color scheme for the event.
I was so excited.  And right in that moment, I knew this was little love note from God.  I have found that God doesn't make grand gestures for me very often.  No, how He shows me He loves me is in the little things.  Things like black and dark turquoise tablecloths that will save me a trip to the store on a busy morning.  Just like my husband does little things for me to make my life easier to show me he loves me, so does my Heavenly Father. 
I love it when He does stuff like that.  And lucky for me, because He loves me so extravagantly, He does stuff like this all the time.  Or He nudges Jason to do these things too. :)

I challenge you to spend one week praying for God to love you in the little things.  I promise you will not be disappointed.

No comments: