Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Remember?

The Russells are trying to become more active as a family.  We are currently searching for a race that we can participate in as a family.  And we've decided on non-bath nights that we will take a walk after dinner.  Tonight was our first post-dinner walk.  The kids decided to ride their bikes.  It was really nice.  But as soon as we got home, Garrett decided he was ready to take another stab at riding without his training wheels. He's getting so close.  He did so much better tonight than he ever has.
Watching him ride up and down the driveway, I was reminded of the day I learned to ride my bike.  Don't you remember that day?  The freedom and sense of accomplishment!  There's just nothing like it.
I can't wait to watch my little guy master this skill and see that joy on his face.  I'll get a picture when it happens and post it.  It will be soon!
**Sorry about missing the posts for the last two days.  I'm claiming the birthday card and the long weekend card. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember when CJ and I took Megan and Mason to the park to teach them to ride their bikes without training wheels. CJ was holding onto Mason and I was trotting along holding onto Megan's bike. CJ started hollering at me and I just kept getting annoyed thinking what does he want? I turned around and realized he was showing me that Mason was riding on his own. I was sooo happy. Then I turned around to see I had let go of Megan and she was also riding on her own. It was a great day!!!