Per his request, I posted the video on YouTube. It was my first time posting on YouTube, but Garrett walked me through the process (too funny!). Here it is for your viewing pleasure!
This week (Spring Break), he went to Weekday at North Point on Monday and Tuesday so I could work. He wrote the following story about his brush with fame in the talent show and later on YouTube:
How I Became on YouTube
by Garrett Russell
I was born to dance so I was in the talent show and I danced. Little did I know someone was filming me. That day I was on YouTube. I have 188* views and 5 likes and 0 delikes. It called Garrett talent show 1220**.
*Update: as of 2 minutes ago, we were at 204 views
**correction: 2012
Of course about 100 of those 200 views have come from our house or Jason and I forcing our co-workers to watch it. But he was up at 6:30 the next morning after we posted it to check on his views. Hilarious. I put out a plea on Facebook for my friends to watch it a couple of time to get him up to 100 views and they responded! It was great to see him light up about hitting 100 views. Haven't decided if that's the healthiest thing or not, but oh well. Therapy later.
Everyone keeps asking us where he gets this from. While Jason and I are both firmly extroverts, neither one of us are alone in the spotlight (particularly up on the stage) type people. So this little deal is all our sweet little G-man. Oh, may he never lose this confidence.
And, incidentally, I will be enrolling him in hip-hop class this fall. One of his karate instructors also teaches hip-hop at a studio near our house, so that seems like a nice fit. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment