Tonight at dinner Harper leaned over and told me the voice in her head was telling her she's not pretty. A month or so ago, she told me she wasn't pretty. I asked her who told her that and she said it was just a voice she heard in her head that told her she wasn't pretty.
Can it really be possible that Satan is already whispering in my tiny girl's ear that she's not enough?
I really try hard not to get real caught up in the whole Satan thing. I 100% believe he is real and he is at work in this fallen world. However, I believe sometimes people give him too much power. I like to basically ignore him because I know he has absolutely no power over me.
However, it seems like he is worming his way into our home by whispering to my children. Garrett went through a phase not too long ago where he said he heard that he was stupid and now my girl hearing she's not pretty.
It's terrifying and awesome all at the same time. I hate that they are already hearing lies in their head that makes them question their awesomeness. But at the same time, I love that they both told me this stuff was running through their minds and it has given me the opportunity to speak the truth to them and tell them how to handle it.
I believe it's time to really step up the Scripture memorization in the Russell house. Out with the lies and in with the Truth!
No comments:
Post a Comment