Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thing 14

Today's favorite thing is going to seem a bit self-serving.  But I promise, I would feel this way about this particular thing even if I didn't work where I do.

This album was released last year and includes songs from the worship leaders at our church.  That I just happened to be involved (in a VERY small way) in the production of this album is just icing on the cake. Because of my involvement, I got a pre-release copy in August of last year.  And listened to it straight through Christmas.  It is so good.  The kids would get in the car and request specific songs. There is not a bad song on the album-I mean, there's always at least one that you fast forward through, right?  Not on this album! My favorites are "Everything Changed" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."  Chinua Hawk sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and that man could sing the phone book and people would line up around the block to listen to it.  I had the privilege of hearing him sing this song live this morning at our staff Christmas celebration and man, it just doesn't get better than that.
So, if you're looking for a new Christmas album, your search stops here.  You can get it on iTunes.

You're welcome.

No comments: