Friday, December 2, 2011

Thing 1 & Thing 2

So my new idea for December was inspired by the Thankful November deal and Oprah's "Favorite Things."  Every day this month (we're going to politely not notice that I'm already a day late) I will be sharing with you my favorite things.  Some big, some little, all frivolous.  Without further ado, I give you Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Thing 1:
If you have not tried Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate* or Salted Caramel Mocha, please stop reading this blog and get yourself to a Starbucks pronto.  Last year they just had the Hot Chocolate and it was so amazing, I'm sure I spent $100 and gained 10 pounds from it.  This year they've added the Mocha and it's just as awesome.  So now there's something for everyone.
*I planned on putting a link to the Starbucks site, so you could see the drink and get inspired, but it also gives you the nutritional information, and trust me, you do NOT want to know how many calories are in these things. Treat Yo Self and don't worry about calories.

Thing 2:
In the spirit of "Treat Yo Self 2011" (please watch Parks and Rec if you don't already-that would make more sense), I give you a very small, relatively inexpensive treat every night.  Buy a bottle of Aveeno's Lavender Stress Relief Lotion and put it by your bathroom sink.  It's about $7-there's always coupons and they have it Target, Kroger, CVS, lots of places. Every night, right before you slip in the sheets, rub a little of that on your hands and elbows.  It smells so lovely and really does make your hands feel nice.  It's especially awesome during the winter when my hands are just dry all the time.

No comments: