Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There is something wrong with me!

Not a shock to most who know me, I know.

This week Garrett is "Star Student" in his class at school.  What that means is I had to make a little poster with pictures of him, he got to fill a bag with special (to him) toys to share with his class, and that Jason and I get to go to circle time tomorrow to tell his "life story".  It is not necessary for both parents to attend, but Jason works so close, I wanted him to be there.  And also, I knew I needed a back up in case I started blubbering incoherently during the story.

I mean, seriously, am I the only mother who has agonized over this 10 minute talk to a room full of FIVE year olds?? I am not at all worried about what I'm going to say, I'm worried I won't be able to speak through the tears.  I have got to get a grip!

This morning he was laying with me and he said that he loved me so much.  I told him that one day he would meet a girl who he would love as much as his daddy loves me (to which he replied, yeah, that's Ellison!), but that no one would ever love him like his momma loves him.  However, I'm not sure he heard the last part of the sentence because I was crying through it.  He just looked at me and sighed and kind of patted my shoulder.  At five, he is already used to his crazy, emotional mother who cries over weird stuff that may or may not happen 20 years from now.

I mean, really!  What is wrong with me??  I feel like somehow I'm making up for the fact that I wasn't completely sold on him until he was about a month old.  To think, I really worried at first that I didn't love him like I thought I was supposed to.  Think I've got that covered now, but ridiculously so!  If this keeps up, I'm not going to survive August.

I will let you know how the talk goes.  Plus, I've got some exciting Garrett-related news!

1 comment:

Ashly said...

that's very special! I know you are so proud of him! Way to go Garrett:)