Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fuming

I have been fuming the last two days.  Wednesday was a beautiful day here in the ATL.  At least it was until I went to the mailbox.  Where not one, but TWO bills awaited me from the lab company that my endocrinologist uses.  This is the second time these bills have been sent to me.  The geniuses at the front desk are trying to bill my old insurance company.  The reason there are two bills is because the genius at the nurse's desk gave me the wrong blood test the first time (when I made a special trip to the doctor to have the blood drawn so the results could be ready for my appointment a few days later).
I have already called and left a message about this to which I got absolutely NO response.  I think I'm going to end up caving and just filling out my own insurance information and sending the bills back in.  It's certainly not the lab's fault that my doctor has incompetent staff.  But what really burns me is that my insurance company is going to pay for the nurse's mistake.  All these bills will be covered by my insurance, won't cost me anything out-of-pocket.  It's the principle.

I'm really debating about calling the doctor tomorrow and letting them have it.  I know I won't-I'm way too nonconfrontational for that.

But, you can rest assured.  They will recieve no further money from me or my insurance company.  I have been going back and forth about whether or not to stay with this doctor through my May ultrasound.  This just made my decision.  I am out of there.

Anyone know of a good endocrinologist??

No comments: