Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Me! Monday

A blog I follow, My Charming Kids, does a feature every Monday where you get to confess your shortcomings as a parent and as a person.  I'm so perfect, I rarely feel the need to participate (insert sarcasm here), but today I have a few things to get off my chest.

I did not allow my father to get my kids McDonald's happy meals two nights in a row for dinner last week while they were here for a visit.  I also did not eat any of the Big Mac snack wrap he brought home for us to try.  Not me, I'm a healthy eater who passes that habit on to her children.

I did not stick my daughter in front of "Go Diego, Go" on our other TV, so I could watch the rest of last nights Olympics pairs ice skating competition.  And I for sure did not stop to pause the TV when I heard a large crash and crying from the other room before I went to investigate.  My angelic daughter did NOT pull our little TV and one drawer filing cabinet down on top of her while my son played on the computer and did not even look over when she fell. (If this had happened, she would be fine, by the way.  But it didn't happen, so we're good!)

My children did not change into their pajamas and bring all their bedding downstairs to lay in front of the TV and watch Sponge Bob.  My husband and I certainly did not take advantage of this rare moment of peace to have a nice dinner alone.  And I absoultely did not give my kids a banana chocolate chip muffin for dinner. Not me, remember I'm a healthy eater!

I also have not shirked any of my responsibilities to park myself in front of the Winter Olympics. Not me, I always do everything that I'm supposed to!

Check out McMama's blog (link at bottom of my page) for other "perfect" moms' confessions.

No comments: