So I buried this little nugget a couple of posts back, but am ready to go really public with my news. Are you ready? Are you sitting down?
I have started running. And am currently training for a 5K at the end of January.
Clearly, I have lost my mind.
But I completed my 5th training "run" this morning (I put run in quotes because the training involves mostly walking at this point). Did I mention that it was raining? I have now become one of "those crazy people" you see when you're driving to work in the morning.
Again I say, I have lost my mind.
Right now, I'm blaming my boss who just ran the Marine Corps Marathon in under 4 hours at age 44. He is clearly a running nut and has worn me down after a year and a half of hearing him tout the benefits of running.
I also am just so thankful. For the first time in 2 years, even just the thought of exercise doesn't make me want to crawl under the covers. That I am even up to attempting this is proof that all the mess I went through this summer and fall was worth it. I have energy and a positive mental outlook for the first time in years. It feels good. I feel good. I have lost 6 pounds since the second week of October. First weight to come off since I stopped losing the baby weight about 4 months after Harper was born. That feels awesome.
I'm proud of myself. But I have lost my mind. Perhaps I'll come to my senses when I have to run for more than 2 consecutive minutes (next week). In which case, I'll just delete this post and no one will be the wiser! :)
3 comments:
That's awesome Allison! I am so proud of you. You will need to blog your training :)
That's great! You will do fantastic:)
This a great goal and will be a great accomplishment. Don't you love how Dan gets in your blood and under your skin. Luckily, he wasn't as into the running thing when I worked for him :)
Love ya and miss seeing you 'in the halls'!
Post a Comment